IDea Incubator 2023
The IDea Incubator provides the opportunity for applicants to receive feedback from judges in the business, technology, and medicine industries and gives applicants the opportunity to present their idea in front of the ID Community at IDWeek 2023.
- IDea Incubator is open to IDWeek attendees only. Any group, company or organization that applies, must have at least one IDWeek 2023 attendee and this attendee must be the primary submitter. This includes scientific attendees, exhibitors, invited speakers, and guests. Any group, company or organization that applies,
- All applications will be reviewed by committee to choose the finalists.
- This year applicants will be asked to create a pitch video and the winning idea will be chosen by IDWeek attendees.
- 1st place will receive a cash prize of $10,000 as well as an Accelerator Package valued up to an additional $10,000. This year the winning team will be awarded access to a start-up business coach as well as business professionals and services that will provide guidance for launching their innovation, setting up legal protections, budgeting and marketing.
- 2nd place will receive a cash prize of $5,000 and 3rd place will receive a cash prize of $2,500.
The IDSA Foundation and its affiliates are not responsible for any intellectual property submitted and/or presented through the IDea Incubator. Any individual, group, organization, or company is solely responsible for securing intellectual property protection.
- The statement of problem/unmet need is well defined and articulated (scale of the problem, quantified number of patients, money spent on healthcare costs, societal costs).
- The target population is clearly defined and quantified.
- The innovation has the potential to solve the problem/meet the needs of the target population. The solution is economically viable (i.e. won’t be too expensive to be inaccessible).
- The expected health impact is reasonably estimated. The solution to the problem is novel and innovative.
|Monday, July 17, 2023||Applications Close|
|Monday, August 15, 2023||Applicants notified.|
|Thursday, October 12, 2023||LIVE IDea Incubator|